Since I began hunting I have learned a few tricks of the trade. Things to keep my coins from being taken.
1. If you click on a gold coin and you want to look for more, see if there is a scrap one around near it or even an iron. click on that and run after others if someone steals your scrap or iron you know there is someone near and you can run back to your gold.
2. Stand on your coin by a wall if you can. it is harder to be pushed off that way.
3. When doing a gold rush. Try to find a place that not many people are at and pace your clicking of coins like every five to ten seconds. You wont click on as many but you will get them all without rushing and worrying about others stealing the ones you clicked on.
4. If you have clicked on a number of coins. when the blue box with the numbers pop up run to the next coin then click the number.
5. Dont be greedy, You dont need that one extra gold if someone else doesnt have any at all.
6. If you help people out by giving them coins they are more likely to help you out too and less likely to steal coins from you.
Oh and most important Dont forget to click the vote box the owners sponsor these with their own money.