Setting an advertising campaign (pay per click):
- Steps to set your advertising campaign and your advertising budget:
IMPORTANT: Texture has to be full permission.
- Find and click on Ad Server and set duration (number of weeks) for your advertising campaign.
- Set advertisements rating (ADULT or GENERAL)
- Put in notecard, texture (optional: object, sound, landmark).
- Click on Ad Server again. (It will process your notecard and texture).
- Once your texture is set click on Ad Server again and select Add click budget on menu.
- Use right click and Pay into Ad Server - to set your click budget.
(If click budget is not spent entirely by the end of time that you've set, time will be automatically extended until your entire click budget is spent)
- Optional: You can set an URL (website) link for your ad. Click on Ad Server and select Set URL.
- Your advertisements will start to show on all our SA boards in Second Life as soon as you pay click budget into your rent board
Please note that it might take up to 24 hours to display new advertisements on all Second Ads Publishers boards as they pull new advertisements from database every 2 hour.
- Second Ads (publishers/advertisers) community:
We have a group in Second Life for all our advertisers and publishers. Join our inworld group Second Ads for updates, promotional discounts and to connect with other advertisers and publishers on our network.
- How do I start an advert on your network?
You start an advert in the same way as you would for a normal adboard. Visit our headquarters adcenter, find an available adserver from one of the many on the walls and follow the instructions that it gives you.
- What resolution do you recommend for ad textures?
We recommend either 512px x 512px or alternatively 1024px x 1024px if you want it to show a bit higher resolution.
- What is the minimum budget and why is there one?
The minimum budget is 1000L$. This is because advertising space on our network is very valuable and the network would become crowded with poor-quality advertisements if we did not set such a budget.
- As a publisher how many clicks do I need before I can withdraw?
You need to earn 100L$ per individual adboard before you can withdraw. So for example, if you have 3 adboards with 120L$, 75L$ and 20L$ you would be able to withdraw a total of 120L$.
- Do I get a discount on advertising if I decide to place adboards on my land as well?
Yes, if you become a publisher you'll get a 20% discount on advertising on our network automatically.
- Can I change my advert?
Yes, you can change your advert up to 2 times during your advertisement campaign.
- Do you grant refunds if I want to terminate my ad campaign early?
No, under our End User Licence Agreement we do not grant refunds. It is up to the advertiser to plan their advertisement campaign for the duration.
- Am I allowed to click my own adboard to earn linden, or encourage others to do so?
No, we classify this as click fraud - effectively you are stealing from advertisers. Our systems are highly evolved to deal with click fraud and you will find that the system actually ends up paying the advertiser a bonus out of your funds. What is more we have a team dedicated to patrolling our network on a daily basis and automated alerts.