About the Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service apply to our games only. They provide a framework for players and landowners to operate from so that people have the best overall experience possible.
They are secondary to the Second Life Terms of Service and the Second Life Community Standards, so if your complaint is associated with these you must file a complaint with Linden Lab, as our staff cannot enforce these regulations.
If you have any unanswered questions you may file a ticket with our online helpdesk.
1.0 - Land Owner Rules
- 1.1 - Coins, gems, and buoys must be placed where the are accessible to all hunters. Violations of this rule include but are not limited to:
- 1.1.1 - Coins, gems, and buoys in secret skyboxes that do not have a freely accessible teleport system from ground level.
- 1.1.2 - Coins and gems buried under the terrain level so as to make them impractical.
- 1.1.3 - Coins and gems buried inside objects or clusters of objects so as to make them impractical.
- 1.2 - Security systems must not be used in the vicinity of coins or gems.
- 1.3 - Land with coins and/or gems must be set to allow for general access. Hunters must not be selectively banned to give others a game advantage. Note that maturity ratings are fine and hunters with unverified accounts should expect to be unable to access adult hunting locations and skill gaming regions. ( link to skillgaming page in sl website )
- 1.3.1 - Land restrictions based on avatar type or a specific type of attire is not permitted with the exception of a restriction against child avatars on adult sims and nude avatars on any sims.
- 1.3.2 - We disallow any restrictions or land bans based on a hunter's experience, tenure, rank,skill. However you may have a land restriction based on avatar age.
2.0 - Player Rules
- 2.1 - Players must obey the bespoke rules of the lands which they visit. This includes not using objects that allow flying in no-fly areas. Land Owner rules supercede Gold Hunt rules. We DO NOT get involved with ANY landowner bans against Players.
- 2.2 - Players must show respect to Land Owners and Officers/Managers appointed by Land Owners at all times. Land owners provide a free service to Players.
- 2.2 - Players must not seek to artificially inflate their standing.
- 2.2.1 - Players may not use more than one avatar at the same Fish Hunt buoy or Gold Hunt parcel during the same event or time frame . Players may not use a second avatar to fish at a buoy where they have spooked within the past 24 hours. Players may not use a second avatar to collect a coin that they have already collected during the cool down period.
- 2.3 - Players must not defame or seek to defame either Second Ads or Gold Hunt or any of our Partners.
- 2.4 - Players must not defraud or seek to defraud through hacking or any other means either Second Ads or Gold Hunt or any of our Partners.
- 2.5 - For players, we actively enforce the following Second Life Terms of Service, and violations can result in Disciplinary action as outlined:
- 2.5.1 - You will not stalk, harass, or engage in any sexual, suggestive, lewd, lascivious, or otherwise inappropriate conduct with minors.
- 2.5.2 - You will not post, display, or transmit content that is obscene, hateful, threatening, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- 2.6 - Players will not introduce onto any sim any object visible or invisible that interferes with coins or gems in any manner.
- 2.7 - Players will not demand that land owners refill buoys, coins or other objects with funds. It is a landowners right to fund our games how and when they want.
- 2.8 - Pursuant to Second Life TOS section 3.2 the use of Display names..account names or titlers that are defamatory, slanderous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable are subject to action being taken against the person using said names. Evidence MUST be provided not merely saying someone was wearing a name that violates this section of TOS.
- 2.9 Players will forfeit any and all future use or participation on the Royal Fish Hunt or Royal Gold Hunt if they remove the corresponding picks from their profiles.
3.0 - Types of Disciplinary Action
- 3.1 - Violations of our Terms of Service may result in, but are not limited to:
- Probationary period which if violated will result in next step being taken immediatly as outlined during hearing.
- Deduction of Gold Tokens and other resources.
- Deduction of earnings.
- Deletion of coins, gems and other items’ budgets.
- Deletion of coins, gems and other game items.
- Banning from our group chat.
- Banning from the Business Park sim and other Second Ads managed lands.
- Removal of verified account status and other privileges.
- 3.2 - The level of disciplinary action will depend on the seriousness of the offense.
- 3.3 - Should you have your account banned and you go click coins for another player to help them advance their points that person will be violating sections 2.2 and 2.4 and can lose their account as well. Once you are banned from playing Second Ads games that means just that..you are banned.
Money Handling Policy
4.0 - Gold Hunt Account
- 4.1 - We holds player earnings securely in trust in their Gold Hunt Account until their collection from one of our ATM machines.
- 4.2 - Note that such funds are virtual game tokens until the point of payment. No contract exists between Second Ads and players, although seizure of funds is only made as a result of severe and aggravated disciplinary action.
- 4.3 - We will withhold player earnings until they reach at least 1L$ due to the payment restrictions of Second Life.
- 4.4 - We reserve the right to seize funds held in a player's Gold Hunt Account if there is a clear breach of our Terms of Service.
- 4.5 - No offer is made of any interest or other appreciation of funds held in a player's Gold Hunt Account. Therefore Second Ads does not offer a banking service and is not in violation of Linden Lab's inworld banking policy.
- 4.6 - In order to help our servers operate more efficiently, for the benefit of all players, we remove accounts that are inactive for more than 2 months. That includes the deletion of all remaining funds and deletion of all rankings data and stats data. Refunds are not possible after account has been deleted. If you wish to continue using your account you will need to LOG IN TO Goldtokens.net using your password during the previous 2 months. If you return after losing your account, you can start a new one simply by participating in our games again.
5.0 - Land Owner Budgets
- 5.1 - We holds customer budgets securely in trust in their item budgets until the amount is claimed by players.
- 5.2 - Refunds to customer budgets are not normally given.
- 5.3 - We reserve the right to seize funds held in a customer account if there is a clear breach of our Terms of Service.
- 5.4 - No offer is made of any interest or other appreciation of funds held in a customer account. Therefore Second Ads does not offer a banking service and is not in violation of Linden Lab's inworld banking policy.
Group Chatroom Policy
6.0 - Group Chatroom Rules
- 6.1 - Group chat in the PG Group must be PG rated at all times. This means we would not expect you to say anything that you wouldn't say in front of your grandmother or a kindergarten class. Anything posted in PG room must meet PG guidelines set forth by LL community standards.
- 6.2 - Group chat must not contain attacks against individuals, products or companies. That particularly applies to both products of Second Ads and those of other companies. If you have an issue use the Customer Feedback Form on Product Support page.
- 6.3 - Advertising non ADS products, services, companies or begging is not permitted in group chat.
- 6.4 - Notices advertising groups that support or create communities around our games may be permitted with the approval of a Senior Management. Posting links to groups in chat is not tolerated.
- 6.5 - Group chat is a place for friends to enjoy mature and amicable conversation. It is not a hotbed for drama. Instigators of drama in group will not be tolerated. Personal, highly political or emotive issues should also be sorted out on a personal basis and not in group.
7.0 - Group Chat Disciplinary Action
- 7.1 - Offenses in group chat will be handled in the following order:
- First Offense: A warning will be sent from a group moderator. Optional muting if the moderator deems it necessary.
- Second Offense: Permanent banning from group chat. Note that we use the Smartbots chat protection system - do not expect to leave group and rejoin to regain your chat privileges. A permanent ban from group chat means just that.
- 7.2 - Note that any defamation of Second Ads products, staff or of the company itself will likely result in an immediate and permanent ban from the group. This overrides the normal process of dealing with offenses. Further acts of defamation may result in disciplinary actions being taken.
Website Conduct Policy
8.0 - Land Reviews Policy
- 8.1 - Land reviews must remain polite at all times. They must be used to express objective and valuable feedback on how a player has enjoyed their experience or not. If not they are required to provide an genuine feedback on how player experiences could actually be improved.
- 8.2 - Land reviews must not be used as a forum for flaming contests or any form of deliberate attacks. They are for helpful feedback and sending thanks to landowners only.
- 8.3 - Land reviews in contravention of these rules will be deleted by staff immediately.
9.0 - Blogging Policy
- 9.1 - Blogging may be used to promote players' products, give expertiese or just general commentary on players' Second Life. However, blogging should not cover topics that are highly sexual, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive.
- 9.2 - Comments must remain polite at all times and flaming or trolling will not be tolerated. Feel free to express differing opinions, but then end the discussion at that point rather than creating a slanging match.
10.0 - Website Disciplinary Action
- 10.1 - Failure to comply with the terms regarding website conduct may result in lossing account privilages and your use of the website being severely hampered, including not being able to add comments or make blog posts.
Staff Protection Policy
11.0 - Rules to protect our staff
- 11.1 - Our staff do so much for players and land owners alike. verbal rudeness, threats, or otherwise offensive attacks, directed against Game Masters or other staff will not be tolerated. This will be considered a gross violation of the terms of service and will result in disciplinary action being taken.